The goal of the program is to incubate business for persons with established barriers until maturation.
Specific objectives include:
· To provide a space for students, elders, immigrants and newcomers as potential entrepreneurs to display, retail and try products and services.
· To assist potential entrepreneurs and seniors try new products and services.
· To assist potential entrepreneurs, build clientele for initial business growth and development before eventual registration.
· To strengthen existing skills and knowledge of potential entrepreneurs through classes, workshops and training
· To facilitate the process of learning a new language and adaptation while working on the job that utilizes existing skills.
· Assist potential entrepreneurs develop confidence in their skills, businesses and capacities in order to branch into business registration and management.
· Share business information and promote businesses, products and services being incubated.
· Support immigrants and newcomers during periods of business development and transition
Businesses Supported Through the Incubation Program
The goal is to support those interested in catering and food service businesses with space and equipment needed at the start-up stage; to help develop and standardize non-traditional recipes in order to supply local stores.
· Rent our commercial kitchen for your catering events, cooking parties or classes;
· Join food handling classes to get food handling permits and work towards obtaining the Red seal certificate.
· Participate in our food tasting events, socialize around food and make new friends
· Learn new recipes or share your traditional recipes
· Display your food, snacks or drinks for sell in our cafeteria space as a vendor
The goal is to enable potential entrepreneurs grow non-traditional fruits and vegetables
· Rent a space in our farm land each farming season
· Purchase the aquaponics unit to grow fish and fresh vegetables in your garage, basement or community centre.
· Purchase directly from the farm as a vendor and resell to your neighbours, friends and community members
· Register for the aquaponics workshop and learn how to manage the aquaponics unit for seafood and vegetable production.
The goal is to provide space and equipment for those interested in sewing and fashion merchandizing at the start-up stage; to support those interested in sewing and fashion business through various licensing and certification processes.
· Register for our sewing classes and sharpen your sewing skills and work towards certification or licensing.
· Rent our sewing equipment and space for your sewing business or contracts
· Participate in our fashion shows and model
· Display your sample clothing and products for retail in our show room
· Play dress-up and pose for pictures with traditional costumes
Arts and Crafts
The goal is to provide a space for display of art works, pictures and crafts and to strength skills in arts and crafts.
· Display your artwork in our studio for sell
· Participate in our art shows
· Join our art and cultural dance group
Eligibility for Incubation
· Entrepreneurs who wish to enter a business incubation program must apply for registration and admission.
· Those with feasible business ideas are encouraged to apply
· Affiliate clients may also be home-based
Benefits of Incubation programs:
Incubation helps meet various economic and social needs such as
· Nurturing community's entrepreneurial spirit
· Diversifying local economies
· Facilitating growth of local businesses
· Enabling business creation and retention
· Encouraging women or minority groups to become entrepreneurs
· Identifying potential business opportunities
· Promoting community revitalization.
· Help reduce the risk of small business failures
· Creating employment opportunities in the community